TruLight127 Ministries could not do what we do for foster children without the support of our volunteers and donors — We call them our TruLight Angels.
Not everyone can foster or adopt, but support in the form of donations — monetary and physical goods — is the best way to show our foster children and foster families that they’re not alone.
What Your Support Can Provide
- Buys a pair of brand new shoes for teens (helps with self-esteem)
- Provides for one elementary-age child things like: school pictures, book fair money, ability to participate in school extracurricular activities/friend’s birthday parties (all normal childhood fun)
- Funds summer activities for one child under 13
- Provides one child’s school sports fees/uniforms/practice gear
- Buys one youth’s back to school clothes
- Enables one teen to attend prom
- Sponsors a child’s summer sports camps & equipment
- Buys two children’s back-to-school clothes
- Provides one youth’s monthly need allowance for one year
- Provides gas for transporting kids to visits, sport practices, work and appointments
- Buys one month of hair cuts for 35 kids
- Covers expenses for the Teen Human Trafficking Program for (2) six-week classes
- Provides funds for summer events and outings for 12-15 teenagers
- Sends four kids to summer camps
- Covers meals for foster parent trainings for one year
- Provides one month of groceries at the Village
- Covers one month of utilities costs at TruLight Youth Village
- Funds the annual Christmas Party for all foster children and foster families of TruLight
All the Ways to Give
Make a Donation
It’s easy to make a one-time donation OR you can set up a monthly recurring donation and become a TruLight Bearer!
Become a TruLight Bearer
Shine the brightest light by becoming a TruLight Bearer and pledge a monthly donation to support these children and help us, help them maintain normalcy despite being in foster care. Monthly donors make a big impact which help us keep up with expenses of day-to-day care of the children.
Sponsor A Foster Child
Make a personal impact by sponsoring a foster child from TruLight Youth Village. This is a year-long commitment and includes milestones like birthdays, first day of school, and Christmas. Click to download the form.
Help Us Make Village Adventures!
Village Adventures is a program where we find and create partnerships with local businesses and organizations who can help us provide positive and fun experiences for our Village kids … and do so cost-effectively, of course! Individuals are welcome to donate to make a Village Adventure or share an idea or local discount ticket lead.
Donate to TruLight127 via Amazon
Every purchase you make from the planet’s biggest online store can support the charity of your choice, including the TruLight127 Ministries.
Through its AmazonSmile program, introduced in 2014, Amazon donates 0.5 percent of the price of your eligible purchase to the public charitable organization of your choice.
Host a Stock the Pantry Drive
At TruLight Youth Village, we provide three square meals a day plus snacks to the 35 children staying there. Food costs are the biggest monthly expense for us. Consider hosting a “Stock the Pantry” drive for TruLight Village!
Other Physical Goods Donations
- +ITEMS WE GLADLY ACCEPT:
- Automobiles (in working order)
- Bedspreads & Blankets
- Clothing (ages Birth to 18 years)
- Construction Materials
- Framed Pictures
- Games & Toys
- Office Supplies
- Radios & Stereos (in working order)
- Small Appliances (in working order)
- Sporting Goods
- Outdoor Toys
- +ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Auto Parts
- Baby Furniture
- Car Seats – EXPIRED
- Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures
- Bricks, Stones or Concrete
- Broken Furniture
- Carpet & Carpet Padding
- Scrap Lumber
- Windows, Doors & Shutters
- Guns or Ammunition
- Mattresses or Box Springs – USED
- Large Appliances
- Tube Type TV’s
- Used Underwear & Socks