If you’ve ever thought of fostering or adopting a child from the Texas Foster Care system, join us online for one of our monthly information sessions + Q&A and learn what’s involved with becoming a licensed foster parent.
- Will I be able to adopt my foster child?
- Do I have to be married?
- How many rooms do I need per child if I foster?
- What types of resources are available for help with a child suffering from trauma?
Bring your questions! We will try to answer them.
In 2016, TruLight127 Ministries became a licensed foster care organization with The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. We train and license foster parents. We also operate a 30+ bed residential foster shelter on 10 beautiful acres in the Seguin area where we care for the kids 24/7.
Since 2016, TruLight has placed almost 1500 children and teens from foster care with safe and loving families.
- Of those 1500 children placed by TruLight, 275 children found forever homes with TruLight-licensed foster families.
- Of those 1500 children placed by TruLight, 317 were placed at the Village.
Our informational meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month to share more about how you can get started on foster and adopting from the Texas Foster Care System. We will have a short presentation and then some Q & A time. All are welcome!