Foster/Adopt with TruLight127 Ministries
TruLight127 provides specialized training and guidance to help you provide a nurturing and stable home for children who have been abused or neglected.
We are always in need of parents and families who can provide:
- Homes for sibling groups of two or more
- Homes for children of all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds
- Homes for children with behavioral, emotional, or physical special needs
- Homes for teenagers
WHY CHOOSE TRULIGHT127?
“So happy I went with Trulight127 Ministries as my licensing agency!!! There is NOT another agency I would want to be with! They LOVE their foster families and all the kiddos they work with. Sondra has such a huge heart for the kiddos from “the hard places”. They offer support, events, and much more. If you are looking for a licensing agency to begin fostering with or to volunteer with, you will not go wrong with Trulight127! Sondra and all the case managers are wonderful!”
– Michelle, TruLight Foster Parent
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOSTER PARENTS
- +1. FOSTER/ADOPT BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- The prospective foster/adoptive parents may be single or married and must:
- be at least 21 years of age, financially stable, and responsible mature adults,
- complete an application (staff will assist you, if you prefer),
- share information regarding their background and lifestyle,
- provide relative and non-relative references,
- show proof of marriage and/or divorce (if applicable),
- agree to a home study which includes visits with all household members,
- allow staff to complete a criminal history background check and an abuse/neglect check on all adults in the household, and
- attend free training to learn about issues of abused and neglected children.
- The training provides an opportunity for the family and TruLight127 to assess whether foster care or adoption is best for the family.
- The family may withdraw from the meetings at any time. There is no charge for the meetings.
- Foster/adoptive parents generally train together.
- +2. ADDITIONAL FOSTER CARE BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- In addition to the basic requirements, foster parents must:
- have adequate sleeping space.
- allow no more than 6 children in the home including your own children or children for whom you provide day care.
- agree to a nonphysical discipline policy.
- permit fire, health and safety inspections of the home.
- vaccinate all pets.
- obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- obtain TB skin testing as required by the local Health Department for household members.
- attend 20 hours or more of training each year
- Complete paperwork required by TruLight127
- +3. FOSTER PARENTS
- Provide daily care and nurturing of children in foster care;
- advocate for children in their schools and communities;
- inform the children’s caseworkers about adjustments to the home, school, and community, as well as any problems that may arise, including any serious illnesses, accidents, or serious occurrences involving the foster children or their own families;
- make efforts as team members with children’s caseworkers towards reunifying children with their birth families;
- provide a positive role model to birth families and help children learn life skills.
- +4. ADOPTIVE PARENTS
- provide permanent homes and a lifelong commitment to children into adulthood;
- provide for the short-term and long-term needs of children;
- provide for children’s emotional, mental, physical, social, educational, and cultural needs, according to each child’s developmental age and growth;
- may become certified as a foster family and accept children who are not legally free for adoption, but whose permanency plan is adoption.