At TruLight127 Ministries, we are teaching our foster teens how to avoid falling victim to Human & Sex Trafficking. This type of training is considered “high need” for our foster youth as 60% of child sex trafficking victims have been within foster care.
Because of this, TruLight has become licensed and certified to teach a powerful course called Not a Number, developed by LOVE146, an organization with decades of experience in trafficking prevention.
Not a Number: Nationally-Recognized Training for Trafficking
“Not a Number” is an interactive child trafficking and exploitation prevention curriculum designed to provide youth with information and skills in a manner that inspires them to make safe choices. Youth learn to identify and utilize healthy support systems that may decrease their vulnerabilities.
Through open conversations, engaging activities, the use of media, and opportunities for self-disclosure, participants will:
- Raise their awareness of what constitutes human trafficking and exploitation.
- Learn how to recognize recruitment tactics and understand vulnerabilities.
- Challenge harmful stereotypes and societal attitudes.
- Identify healthy support systems.
- Develop skills to safely navigate potential and existing exploitative situations.
- Learn how to access community resources when situations occur that increase their vulnerability (or if exploitation is already underway).